Anyone interested in good quality nutrition as the basic building block of our health will be aware of the value of organic food – even if we can’t always find, buy or grow it!
The NZ Soil & Health Association publishes a two-monthly magazine Organic NZ. It’s always worth a look – the latest issue includes features (among many others) on
* pesticides in our baby food (there are lots)
* updates on GE – what’s really happening now in our food chain and how it affects us
* beneficial foods to reduce the effects of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
* the crucial need for zinc in healing any wounds to our bodies – eat pumpkin seeds, everyone!
* a feature on the Wild Earth Organics shop and vegetarian cafe in Tauranga
* moon calendar for your garden
And a wonderful quote from the owners of IE Produce (50/50 organic and conventional groceries): “Many perceive eating organic food is expensive, and they can expect to pay maybe a third more, but they don’t realise it has a much better quality, high density nutritional content and they don’t need to eat so much of it.”
Once you join the Soil & Health Association, you automatically receive the magazine. Or you local library may have it, and if not, simply ask them to subscribe http://www.organicnz.org.nz